OUR LADY OF GRACE RC PRIMARY SCHOOL
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA - SEPTEMBER 2022 INTAKE
Our Lady of Grace Primary School is a Roman Catholic Primary School under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Salford and is maintained by Bury Local Authority as a Voluntary Aided School.
The school’s Governing Body is the Admission Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions. Bury Local Authority now co-ordinates all admissions to the school.
For the school year commencing 1st September 2022, the Governing Body has set its planned admission number at 60.
Admission to the school will be made by the Governing Body.
All preferences listed on the Local Authority preference form will be considered on an equal basis subject to the following set of criteria which will be used to form a priority order if there are more applications for admission than the school has places available.
Admission to the school will be made in accordance with the following criteria:
- Baptised Roman Catholic children in public care as well as adopted Roman Catholic children who were previously in care.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in the parish of Our Lady of Grace with a sibling attending school at the time of admission.
- Baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in the parish of Our Lady of Grace.
- Other baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in another parish with a sibling attending school at the time of admission and live within the catchment area of St Monica’s RC High School.
- Other baptised Roman Catholic children who are resident in another parish and live within the catchment area of St Monica’s RC High School.
- Other Roman Catholic children
- Other children in public care and adopted children who were previously in care.
- Other children.
- All applicants will be considered at the same time after the closing date for admissions
- Each Roman Catholic applicant will be required to produce a baptismal certificate and proof of address (Child Benefit Statement).
- Parents should check carefully whether they are resident within the parish boundary of Our Lady of Grace and within the catchment are of St Monica’s RC High School Specialist Language College. These include the parishes of Our Lady of Grace, St Michael’s, St Bernadette’s, Our Lady of Delours (Servites) and St Mary’s Radcliffe.
- Siblings – a brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, will be defined as a sibling who resides in the same residence as a pupil who occupies a place in the school within categories (1), (2) & (3).
- Where a child lives with parents with shared responsibility, each for part of the week, the home address will be decided by using the address on the Child Benefit Statement.
- The Governors reserve the right to admit any child for special circumstances or need should they feel that this school best fits the child’s needs. ‘Looked After Children’ will be treated fairly and equally in each category.